Underwriting Administrative Assistant
CIRSA is looking for an enthusiastic and bright individual to join our Underwriting Department. The right candidate must be flexible, have a positive attitude, and be willing and eager to learn. We are looking for someone who is motivated, responsible, and committed to customer service.
CIRSA is the municipal insurance pool of Colorado providing property/liability and workers’ compensation coverages and services to communities across the state. The Underwriting Department coordinates all new and annual insurance renewals for municipalities. The Administrative Assistant will assist with all activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Underwriting Department
- Maintenance and development of client database
- Maintain client lists and files
- Interact professionally with clients and staff in person, over the phone and via email
- Distribute information packets, write correspondence emails, memos, letters, and forms
- Coordinate department meetings, take detailed minutes, update department calendar and work plan
- Update and maintain department policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will:
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Have keen attention to detail and great organization skills
- Data entry experience
- Prior experience in the Property/Casualty insurance industry is preferred
- Demonstrate dedicated customer service
- Display excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to learn new skills
- Be productive, efficient, and able to prioritize on a daily basis
- Be a supportive team player eager to assist others
- Be positive presence in the department
- Be dependable and supportive
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) and two years of related administrative support experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
CIRSA offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, life/LTD and retirement benefits. To apply, please email your completed CIRSA job application and include your resume to email@example.com. For first consideration, apply by April 14, 2017. CIRSA is an equal opportunity employer.