The Risk Is In The Routine: A New Look At Accident Prevention Video
This 21-minute video uses seven scenarios to show accidents and injuries resulting from very routine situations. These scenarios include inattention while driving, poor housekeeping practices, a back injury to a parks worker due to lifting, a police officer training injury, an injury while dismounting heavy equipment, slipping on a wet pool surface, and a work zone accident. Each scene is revisited by the injured person to reflect what could have been done differently to prevent the accident or injury and avoid potentially life changing effects. The video depicts common employee excuses for unsafe behaviors.
While emphasizing that safety is everyone’s responsibility, key points include:
• Taking training seriously and following established safety rules and procedures
• Avoiding shortcuts
• Using provided safety equipment
• Taking personal responsibility for your safety
• Coaching fellow employees to work safely
• Offering to help other employees with hazardous task when appropriate.
Hazards exist in routine task and staying focused on the job at hand is very important in preventing accidents.
For a brief preview click here!
Produced In: 2011