The best way to avoid the high costs and administrative headaches of insurance losses is to avoid claims whenever possible.
Our active loss prevention programs can help members make a serious dent in their incidence of claims. Loss control improves employee and public safety, conserves member resources and enhances member reputations.
Members use our loss control program to increase safety and responsibility among employees – with real results. For example, when members voluntarily implemented a sample police pursuit policy, the entire organization experienced a notable reduction in claims resulting from emergency pursuits.
CIRSA's Loss Control team includes knowledgeable, certified specialists – including Certified Safety Professionals (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) and Associates in Risk Management (ARM) – who provide all of the following services to our members:
- Property Surveys – Comprehensive safety inspections identify property, liability and workers' compensation loss exposures.
- Loss Control Audits – CIRSA helps to determine the quality and effectiveness of existing safety and loss control programs.
- Safety Program Development – CIRSA designs customized, written safety programs to manage topics such as confined space entry, hazard communications, bloodborne pathogens or just about any other training topic.
- Industrial Hygiene Services – Indoor air quality surveys, noise monitoring, asbestos inspections and ergonomic evaluations.
- Training & Seminars – On-site training for any area of interest as well as regional seminars held throughout the state.
- Sample Policies and Procedures – Various sample Loss Control policies & procedures on numerous topics, which can be downloaded & customized for your entity.
- General Consultation – Advice, analyses, and assistance with any loss control or safety issues.
- Safety Training & Resource Library – Over 600 videos and publications are available to members through our online training library.
- Webinars – Monthly webinars on a variety of safety and liability topics are presented
- Online University – Members can access over 70 online safety courses and are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Many have been approved for training units by the Operator Certification Program Office (OCPO).
To learn more, contact CIRSA's Loss Control Department at (303) 757-5475 or 800-228-7136.